4.24.18 - Love > Hate

By Jazzalyn M. Bassey






Hate.
It is so much easier than love,
But the world tells you
That love is better than hate,
So love whilst you can.
But, 
I don't know if I can anymore.
It would be so much easier to hate you;
The way your smile makes my head spin,
The way your words make my heart race,
The way that the look in your eyes
Makes me want to drop
Everything
Just to be with you.
But even so,
I can't.
Your heart belongs to another;
Your being belongs

To the mountains and valleys and I
Cannot
Overcome them.
Too many highs and lows stand between us
It is so much easier to hate you
When loving you hurts so badly.
But try as I might,
I can't bring myself to hate
The one who has taught me
How
To truly
Love.





email: jazzy.m.bassey@gmail.com
twitter: @jazzy_m_bassey
instagram: @jazzy_m_bassey
tumblr: jazzy-m-bassey

Comments

Popular Posts