4.23.18 - Morning Eggs

By Jazzalyn M. Bassey







Good morning!
How would you like your eggs;
Over-easy, scrambled, or poached?
Over-easy is just fine, please,
But make it two plates
One for me,
And one for the guy of my dreams, but--
He doesn't exist because the guy I love
Doesn't exist for I
Am too young to know
What love is.
Because love doesn't come without consequence.
Good morning,
How would you like your eggs;
Over-easy is just fine, please,
But make sure
That the yolk is runny enough,
Please make sure
That the egg hasn't gone bad,
Please make sure
That it is still warm when it reaches the plate,
Because I'd hate to have to ask to have it remade
Into something
Better.
Morning,
Will you have the usual?
Not today, I--
That'll be $3.99.

email: jazzy.m.bassey@gmail.com
twitter: @jazzy_m_bassey
instagram: @jazzy_m_bassey
tumblr: jazzy-m-bassey


Comments

Popular Posts